The bedroom is a space that is entirely yours, so have fun expressing your style with it!
Here are some tips for picking out accent pieces to suit your dream bedroom decor.
- Reflect on the sense you want the room to exude. Colors evoke different emotions. Cool and calm or warm and energetic? Decide on a color scheme and use this when picking out bedding, curtains, pillows, picture frames, and other details.
- Be sure to plan out how the color of the walls will coordinate with the furniture.
- Play around with light and dark pieces to create contrast.
- Interested in mixing patterns? Choose patterns in the same color scheme. This often makes the combination cohesive in a striking way.
- Illuminate your bedroom! Hanging or mounted lamps can add a unique layer to the space.
- Table lamps provide direct lighting bedside. When paired together, the lamp complements the design of the night stand or dresser it’s set on.
- A chandelier or stylish pendant lamp can be an eye-catching statement piece.